The Nikon D3000 is an incredibly easy DSLR Camera to use. This is a perfect camera for a consumer that wants to move from the point and shoot type of cameras to their first DSLR. It has a 10.2 Megapixel DX format sensor. 10.2 MP is more than enough for any photographer to have photographs enlarged and zoomed in witho0ut losing quality once developed. The D3000 kit includes a 18-55mm Nikkor VR stabilization lens. This lens is quick and fast with accurate autofocus and provides vivid color and contrast with crisp details. The VR image stabilization assures you of a sharp image even while zoomed into your subject. One frustration most photographers have is what’s called “Shutter Delay”. The Nikon D3000 has split-second shutter response that eliminates delay so you can capture the moment you intended. This is far superior than other entry level DSLR’s.
Nikon D3000 Features:
- 10.2 Megapixel DX format image sensor (allows you to make prints up to 20×30 inches)
- Includes a 3x (18-55mm) Nikkor VR Zoom images stabilization lens
- Small compatct design
- Split second shutter response
- Up to 3 frames per second (fps) for quick action shots
- 6 exposure scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up, Night Portrait
- 3 inch color LCD monitor with great wide angle viewing
- Editing in camera provides retouching options for 13 functions including Trim, Red Eye correction and filtering
- 11 point autofocus for quick and accurate focusing
- ISO from 100 - 1600 for excellent indoor and outdoor exposures
For $549 Nikon retail price, Nikon D3000 camera (which includes the VR Lens) is a fantastic value which comes with all the quality of a Nikon. It’s amazing that Nikon can release the D3000 at this price. A few years ago, a Nikon VR lens of this quality was priced around $400 so if you include the camera at this price, this is a top pick for your first DSLR camera.