The EOS line has been very successful for Canon and they’ve recently released the T2i which is the same as the EOS 550D (In Europe). This camera’s release date was scheduled for March 2010 but is available now. This camera is a very nice hybrid between the entry level and the professional photographer. It has a new 18 megapixel sensor and improved ISO control and metering. It also has the ability to shoot full HD moves in 1080P at either 30, 25 or 24 fps. It offers an external stereo microphone so you can get the sound from the subject in the video you’re shooting. This camera is compatible with Canon’s EX-series speedlights, EF and EF-s lenses and increases the storage options by offering SDXC memory card support.
- 18.0-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor; DIGIC 4 image processor for high image quality and speed
- Kit includes 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light; enhanced 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system
- Improved EOS Movie mode with manual exposure control and expanded recording 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Wide 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor; dedicated Live View/Movie shooting button
- New compatibility with SDXC memory cards, plus new menu status indicator for Eye-Fi support
- Compatible with the full line of anon EF and EF-S lenses
- 3.7 fps continuous shooting up to approximately 34 JPEG’s or approx 6 RAQ photographs
All in all, the Canon EOS Rebel T2i is a perfect camera for the photographer that knows a bit about photography and doesn’t want to get an entry level camera. If you’re looking for a camera that shoots great and has advanced controls along with great HD movie capabilities, then this is the one for you. The less than $1000 price tag gives this camera top scores for the price.